Monday, November 30, 2009

First School and CF

So tomorrow is the day I've been dreading for a while now. Naythan starts school. I'm worried about the germs and I'm worried about the other kids coming in sick.

We've had our meeting with the teachers, they will be giving him his meds and making sure things are clean as much as they can. He's in a class with 15 other kids. One of them is bound to bring some kind of sickness to him. I'm making sure we're getting in all his treatments right now, making sure we're going to do everything possible to stay healthy. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's not going to be enough. 

I'd like some thoughts on what you did to keep your little CFer healthy when they first started school? I'm lost at what is my best idea for Preschool? The teachers said this isn't their first CF child and that helps relieve some of the stress but I'm still not sure if that's enough. Help me figure out this school stuff please!