Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update time

In fashion of Treatment Thursday, I thought I'd bring up the fact of my son's SSI hearing. We finally got approved. We had to today go down and give all updated information seeing as we applied 3 years ago and a lot has changed since then. Well, since we have waited 3 years for his SSI we are getting the back pay. Well, they have changed their rules with how the back pay is used now. 

Now, instead of you just getting the back pay and being able to use it for whatever you want, it has to go into a special bank account. You can only use the money for items pertaining to the disability. Well, that being said, we also have to ask for permission and it's up to the supervisor if we get to use the money for that. Unfortunately, for me, it kind of sucks. We were hoping to use the money to be able to get a new place. 

Well, what I need from you my readers, what do you think would be items that would be good for us to get to help Naythan's Cystic Fibrosis. Not only do I need items, I need to know how they would help him. I am not even sure what would be needed pertaining to his disability considering now we have the money to be able to do it.